Serves 4 as an accompaniment
250g bulgar wheat
150ml chicken stock
300ml POM juice
30g unsalted butter
salt and pepper
½ tsp Sugar
40g fresh arils
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a dry pan over a moderate heat toast the wheat for a few minutes. Keep shaking the pan allowing the wheat to colour a little but not burn.
3. Heat the POM juice and chicken stock in a separate pan.
4. Add the stock, season with a little salt and pepper and dot with 20g of the butter.
5. Cover with a lid and put in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes (until the liquid is all absorbed).
6. Remove the pan from the oven, leave to stand covered for 5 minutes.
7. Remove lid and using a fork, mix through the remaining butter and the fresh arils – check the seasoning and serve.